Saturday, 1 June 2013

Its a big hello from me - Show Us Your Twinchies New Challenge


 
 A few weeks ago we were very sad to tell all you loyal followers that we were closing the challenge blog due to other commitments. Since then, and after careful consideration I (Sylv) have decided to try keep the challenge running.  Easier said than done, this month has been hectic with work and other commitments so I know why the other girls had to step down.  I have not had the time to alter the blog and get the challenge up and running until today so here I am determined to sort something out and get a challenge out there for you to join in with.  Unfortunately no prizes but I will pick a winner and a top three and there will be a badge for your blog.

Here we go, this month the theme is Summer at the Seaside, so come on girls let me see your twinchies and tell your friends, followers and blogland about the challenge and point them in my direction.

Just for anyone visiting who does not know what a twinchie is, it is a two inch by two inch piece of artwork, you can use any technique or materials as long as the finished item is two inch by two inch.  Here are a few samples to give you an idea.
 Rock Pools and Beachcombing





 On The Beach




Looking forward to seeing what you lovely ladies come up with.  Please have a quick read of the rules in the side bar and away you go.  

The challenge will run from 1st June and finish at 9.00 am UK time 30th June.  Add Your Challenge Entry Here.

33 comments:

  1. So glad that you've decided to keep this fun challenge going. Not having prizes does not worry me, it's the taking part that I enjoy and seeing what everyone else has made. I'll be back with something to post in a few days.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sue, look forward to seeing your twinchies.

      Sylv xx

      Delete
  2. So glad you're back! I was just thinking this morning that I need to make some more twinchies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, twinchies are so addictive, I had to keep the challenge going just so I had an excuse to make more!

      Delete
  3. Very glad to see you are back, well done Sylv. This is one of my favourite themes so looking forward to seeing what people do with it. Great examples from your good self to get us going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julia, looking forward to seeing what you lovelyladiescome up with.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Sylv... fab samples and so pleased to see the blog back ... I will try to put in a 'twinchie or TWO !
    lots of fun .
    Love Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to have you back and just the right subject for me--thank you

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the theme, walking the dogs on the beach each day gave me the idea.

      Sylv xx

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful challenge. I just found you and am a big fan of tiwnchies and so glad to hear you will be continuing. I play in challenges just for the fun of it and not for prizes so will definitely be back when I have something to share.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Chris, look forward to seeing you summer at the sea side twinchie.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Nicky, hope you can find some time to enter a twinchie or two!

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabby pieces xx I don't enter often but I'm glad you're sticking around xx hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news - I will make a special effort to get something done and posted!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Kate, look forward to seeing your entry, thanks xx

      Delete
  12. So glad you're back. I've just entered mine.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Hazel, just off to take a look xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy that you have let us create 2 twinchies for the challenge now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Janet, the challenge is just for fun and twinchies are so addictive you need to make more than one, two entries mean more twinchies for us to see xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sylv, I've just added my Twinchie to the Challenge, if I get time I'll pop another one on, I'm preparing for our summer Hols at the seaside, yipeee !!!! Hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Pauline, enjoy your holiday when you go xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've managed another quick one, lol, they are so addictive. Sylv, I forgot my manners, how rude of me, I didn't tell you how fantastic your Summer Twinchies are, I love them. Hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely Twinchies so far! I am getting addicted to making them! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep telling people they are addictive, thank you for joining us Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sylv - I have only just finished mine so when I posted I asked my followers to have a go themselves 'cos we don't want this lovely Challenge to stop!!! Thank you for keeping it going!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi again Sylv - on a roll here - just posted my second one. Love the ones posted by the way - they really look like the summer we ought to be having - not that I am moaning you understand. lol

    Hugs again Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Sue, know what you mean about the summer we are not having! Hope we can swell the numbers a little we will see what the next few months bring.

    ReplyDelete